28th Annual Graduation Ceremonies
Saturday June 10, 2017 at the Shaw Conference Centre (9797 Jasper Ave, Edmonton)
Grad commencement ceremonies are held in the morning from 10:00am – 12 noon. The banquet is held in the evening starting at 6:00 pm.
To be eligible to participate in graduation activities, Bellerose students must meet the requirements for an Alberta High School Diploma by the end of June of their Grade 12 year. Students must have completed, or be enrolled in and passing, sufficient courses to meet all diploma requirements, including a minimum of 100 credits. Students who wish to have independent study or off-campus courses as part of the qualifications must provide documentation of course registration on the appropriate form, which is available from an Administrator.
- Students should ensure they are registered in the appropriate courses to meet the requirements
- Students should ensure they will be able to earn sufficient credits to meet the minimum 100 credits
- Off-Campus Course Form (remember to submit this in time!)
Grad Banquet Tickets
Grad banquet tickets will be going on sale the first week in May.
A Grad List will be posted outside the Front Office with a random number assigned to each grad. All ticket sales will be after school in the Front Office.
Important Information & Dates:
- Baby Photos for 2017 Grads: Date TBC.
- Cookie Crumbles Fundraiser Due: March 22nd to Ms. Marilyn Jang.
- Grad Photo Retakes: Monday March 20th & Tuesday March 21st in Rm 237.
- Yearbook Commentaries Due: Thursday, March 23rd.
- Grad Assembly & Grad Nomination Forms Distributed: Wednesday, April 12th at Flex.
- Voting for Grad Speakers & Song: Friday, April 21st.
- Deadline for Grad Gown order changes: Wednesday, April 19th.
- Grad List Posted (with Random Ticket Draw results): Tuesday, April 25th.
- Grad Tickets on Sale: Tuesday-Thursday, May 2nd – 4th after school.
- Deadline for Off-Campus Courses to Mr. Chorney to Qualify for Grad: Friday, May 26th.
- Mandatory Grad Rehearsal: Thursday, June 8th at Flex.
Our current fundraising effort, Cookie Crumbles cookie dough sales, is due February 28th.
Thank-you to everyone who has participated in our Purdy’s fundraiser.
Will be held at the Shaw Conference Centre on Saturday, June 10th, 2016. (The ceremony is approximately 2 hours long.)
- We will let you know what time you should arrive.
- There is no cost/no ticket required and you may bring as many guests as you would like.
- The list of students eligible to graduate will be posted in the BCHS Main Office, and is updated regularly.
- Students are required to pay a Commencement Fee. This fee will cover the cost of the Shaw Conference Center, gown rental, certificate in a BCHS graduation folder and a pin. The ICON Photography Sitting Fee is separate from the Grad Fee Invoice.
- Gowns will be distributed from the school three or four days prior to the commencement, so students may have the gowns for picture-taking.
- All gowns MUST be returned at the conclusion of the ceremonies to a specified area of the Shaw Conference Centre. The cap and the tassel are souvenirs for the student to keep.
Graduation Banquet and Dance:
Will be held at the Shaw Conference Centre on Saturday, June 10th, 2016.
- The dance will be held following the banquet. The order of events include: toasts and speeches, grad song, dinner, historians and slide show, grand march and then the dance.
- Tickets will be available from early May until early June. Students may purchase as many tickets as their family requires; one full table is ten tickets. The cost (per ticket) will be announced in the Spring.
Map of Tables at the Shaw Conference Centre:
Grad 2017 Staff Volunteers:
- Alberta Education Diploma Qualification Tracking: Mr. Chorney
- Banquet & Dance: Ms. Leighton
- Caps & Gowns: Mrs. Hologroski & Mrs. Hubbard
- Clerical Support: Mrs. Glewinski, Mrs. Hofmann, Mrs. Hologroski, Mrs. Johnson, Mrs. Robinson, Mrs. Thom
- Graduation Ceremony: Mrs. Bucyk, Mr. Chorney & Ms. Leighton
- Morning Commencements: Mrs. Bucyk
- Music: Mrs. Labahn
- Printing & Grad Programs: Mrs. Glewinski
- Ticket Sales: Mrs. Hologroski & Mrs. Thom