28th Annual Graduation Ceremonies
Saturday June 10, 2017 at the Shaw Conference Centre (9797 Jasper Ave, Edmonton)
Grad commencement ceremonies are held in the morning from 10:00am – 12 noon. The banquet is held in the evening starting at 6:00 pm.
To be eligible to participate in graduation activities, Bellerose students must meet the requirements for an Alberta High School Diploma by the end of June of their Grade 12 year. Students must have completed, or be enrolled in and passing, sufficient courses to meet all diploma requirements, including a minimum of 100 credits. Students who wish to have independent study or off-campus courses as part of the qualifications must provide documentation of course registration on the appropriate form, which is available from an Administrator.
- Students should ensure they are registered in the appropriate courses to meet the requirements
- Students should ensure they will be able to earn sufficient credits to meet the minimum 100 credits
- Off-Campus Course Form (remember to submit this in time!)
Grad Banquet Tickets
A Grad List is posted outside the Front Office with a random number assigned to each grad. Ticket sales will be May 2-4th in the Front Office from 2.45pm. ALL OUTSTANDING FEES MUST BE CLEARED BEFORE GRAD BANQUET TICKETS CAN BE PURCHASED.
All ticket sales will be after school in the Front Office as follows:
- #1-#100 – May 2nd
- #101-#250 – May 3rd
- #251-#350 – May 4th
If a student misses any of these times or if additional tickets are required, tickets will be available for purchase at Flex in the front office after May 5th. Tickets will be $85.00 per ticket and these tickets will need to be presented at the door for the Grad Banquet on June 10, 2017. If a student is not on the grad list but wishes to attend the banquet and dance, they may purchase tickets starting May 5th in the Front Office.
The Graduation Commencement Ceremony will be held at the Shaw Conference Centre at 9.45am on Saturday June 10th. No tickets are required for the morning ceremony and you may bring as many guests as you like.The doors will open for general seating at 9.15am
The Graduation Banquet and Dance will also be held at the Shaw Conference Centre. The doors will open at 4.30pm and the program will begin at 5.30pm. The Shaw Conference Centre has implemented a new seating policy: tables of less than eight and over eleven will not be allowed. Table seatings must be in groups of 8, 9, 10, or 11, so tables of less than 8 will be merged.
Important Information & Dates:
- Baby Photos for 2017 Grads: Date TBC.
- Grad List Posted (with Random Ticket Draw results): Monday, April 10th.
- Grad Assembly & Grad Nomination Forms Distributed: Wednesday, April 12th at Flex.
- Grad Photo Retakes: April 18th-21st in Rm 237.
- Voting for Grad Speakers & Song: Friday, April 21st.
- Deadline for Grad Gown order changes: Wednesday, April 19th.
- Grad Tickets on Sale: Tuesday-Thursday, May 2nd – 4th after school (2.45pm).
- Deadline for Off-Campus Courses to Mr. Chorney to Qualify for Grad: Friday, May 26th.
- Mandatory Grad Rehearsal: Thursday, June 8th at Flex.
Our current fundraising effort, Cookie Crumbles cookie dough sales, is due February 28th.
Thank-you to everyone who has participated in our Purdy’s fundraiser.
Will be held at the Shaw Conference Centre on Saturday, June 10th, 2016. (The ceremony is approximately 2 hours long.)
- We will let you know what time you should arrive.
- There is no cost/no ticket required and you may bring as many guests as you would like.
- The list of students eligible to graduate will be posted in the BCHS Main Office, and is updated regularly.
- Students are required to pay a Commencement Fee. This fee will cover the cost of the Shaw Conference Center, gown rental, certificate in a BCHS graduation folder and a pin. The ICON Photography Sitting Fee is separate from the Grad Fee Invoice.
- Gowns will be distributed from the school three or four days prior to the commencement, so students may have the gowns for picture-taking.
- All gowns MUST be returned at the conclusion of the ceremonies to a specified area of the Shaw Conference Centre. The cap and the tassel are souvenirs for the student to keep.
Graduation Banquet and Dance:
Will be held at the Shaw Conference Centre on Saturday, June 10th, 2016.
- The dance will be held following the banquet. The order of events include: toasts and speeches, grad song, dinner, historians and slide show, grand march and then the dance.
- Tickets will be available from early May until early June. Students may purchase as many tickets as their family requires; one full table is ten tickets. The cost (per ticket) will be $85.
Map of Tables at the Shaw Conference Centre:
Grad 2017 Staff Volunteers:
- Alberta Education Diploma Qualification Tracking: Mr. Chorney
- Banquet & Dance: Ms. Leighton
- Caps & Gowns: Mrs. Hologroski & Mrs. Hubbard
- Clerical Support: Mrs. Glewinski, Mrs. Hofmann, Mrs. Hologroski, Mrs. Johnson, Mrs. Robinson, Mrs. Thom
- Graduation Ceremony: Mrs. Bucyk, Mr. Chorney & Ms. Leighton
- Morning Commencements: Mrs. Bucyk
- Music: Mrs. Labahn
- Printing & Grad Programs: Mrs. Glewinski
- Ticket Sales: Mrs. Hologroski & Mrs. Thom